View Single Post
Old 2010-10-23, 01:26   Link #84
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh sure, nevermind the fact that he can create unstoppable black flames, create the ultimate defense Susanoo, and can become intangible, he just needs to be able to see what's coming up behind him. Oh, and wasn't he already aware that Anko had found his hideout?
Wow, way to read my words and just take whatever the heck you want from them. Did I say that the Sharingan was a lesser doujutsu? -> No. I said that between the Rinnegan and the Byakugan, the latter would have complemented his Sharingan better (considering what we know of the Rinnegan), especially if he isn't going to use the Six paths and the added field of vision that comes with them.

That said,

We've seen several jutsus have an effect on Susanoo. Acid Jutsu (Mizukage) and high levels of taijutsu (Raikage and Raiton armor). Especially Danzou with his wind jutsu who managed breaking through with a little bit of a suction boost. This only seems to setup the hype for Naruto's Rasen Shuriken, which should be able to deal quite a bit of damage to this 'ultimate defense' without having to get close.

Also, Madara's intangibility has limits and Konan was able to exploit those limits to her advantage to some degree. If she can do it, I have no doubt the story's hero can as well.

No, he is not aware that Kabuto purposely led Anko towards his hideout.

Quote:
On that note, when did the magical eyes stop having vision-based capabilities? Master of all jutsus? Space-time? Summoning a giant demon? Cheating death?

They may as well have a magical gall bladder. It would make just as much sense.
The idea behind the Sharingan's eye powers are derived from Japanese mythology.

Quote:
Pulling from the ancient Japanese myth of Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo, where when Izanagi washed his face after escaping the underworld his right eye became Tsukuyomi, the Moon god.
To me, the Sharingan is the eye-power that has been best explained and its mythology probably resonate most among the Japanese, I don't think you're being very objective about it.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote