View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 19:40   Link #17
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Possibly Fate Zero?
Definitely, Fate/Zero, if intensity is what you want. This one is so intense that you almost want to look away at times. Also, it has one of the best villainous duos in anime history.

I would also recommend Madoka Magicka and FMA: Brotherhood if you haven't seen it already.

I found both of these anime to be extremely intense at times though I think for pure raw, intensity, Fate/Zero is the winner of these three. It has a very slow start with a ton of dialogue, but once it get's going it really exemplifies the cliche "non-stop roller coaster" both in terms of action and emotion. There are some long flashbacks but these are almost more intense than the regular story, IMO.

Madoka Magicka also has a slow start and is not as much non-stop intensity as Fate/Zero but oh man, when it delivers its pretty damn intense, especially when compared to how cute ad believable the characters are.

FMA: Brotherhood is the second adaptation and the first true adaptation of the FMA manga. The first anime series was already an all-time favorite of mine but, amazingly, the second version is even better. Hard to any anything new about this epic series. I guarantee you will like this show and it is pretty intense even if it's the least intense of the three.

All of these shows have some of the best animation I've ever seen i a TV series, but Madoka Magicka might literally be the best digital animation and the most original use of animation I've ever seen in a TV how.

All these shows are visual treats.

P.S. both Madoka and Fate/Zero were written by Urobuchi Gen a was the previouly recommended Phantom.

It's my opinion that Urobuchi Gen is topped only by Kito Mohiro when it comes to writing intense stories. You would probably like Kito Mohiro's stuff too but none of it is very recent.