View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 17:38   Link #2663
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsieczkar View Post
Human "bed-warmers" at Holiday Inn
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60K50020100121
I think that I would pass on this service.
I've heard of that one. Was watching "The 7PM Project" and they were talking about "you imagine your job is to go to work and sleep all day. Imagine getting home and your wife's like "come to bed, hun" and you say "nah, i've spent all day in a bed"."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it is not as uncommon as we think

Spoiler:

i was told this is form Queensland Australia
Woah...okay...that's a little freaky. Thank god I'm not from that state. We're home to something a little more...sane

Spoiler for big:

Now, I can 100% assure you, that's real. I have seen this one myself just at the northern point of the CBD. Before you lose your head at it's sheer complexity, break it down:
1) 1st and 4th columns. Arrows on far sides for turning traffic.
2) 2nd column. Cars going straight (strange as the road ahead is actually closed to private vehicle traffic, and that light never changes)
3) 3rd column. White Arrow? WTF? Before you start losing your marbles, remember that traffic lights applying to cars have Green Lights. What you are looking at is a Tram light. The red and yellow lights in that column are actually "T" (if arrows went there, it'd be easy to mistake for a car traffic light). The arrow means that it's for trams travelling forwards only.
4) Top left. Bicycle light. For bikes
5) Top right. Single white arrow. For trams turning right.

I love the press pack that goes in the Learner's handbook:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road to solo driving
Traffic lights with arrows makes turning easier...

Last edited by Haruka_Kitten; 2010-01-23 at 21:47. Reason: clarify
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote