View Single Post
Old 2010-06-22, 21:50   Link #11462
Sentou
Ace Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
The only indication that Jessica knows anything about Kinzo's life status is that Krauss suggested telling her, and that they could solve the epitaph as a family. The only indication she has any involvement is FISTS OF FIRE in episode 6, and that's just silly.

Spoiler for weird:

Besides who says Jessica isn't the mastermind behind shkanon if it's true?
Ah, well, I speak merely in terms of probability. There is a handful of lines that COULD be read as if Jessica knew about Kinzo's whole "not-living" thing, and there also are some lines that support that she doesn't. It's just something to mull over.

But as for the mastermind behind Shkanon... again, I can't see her as a evil villain. If she truly is ignorant of Shkanon and Kinzo's death, then she simply has to be delusional in some sense. I suppose this could aid Doubletrice or whatever, but in a more narrative sense, Jessica, more than anyone else, is in a position where her world as she knows it could collapse horribly.

Shkanon I'm actually fine with, as I can understand Shannontrice and I can understand the premise behind Shkanon. But Jessica always seems to trouble me. Not QUITE enough to pin her as involved, but not QUITE enough to pin as not involved.

As things stand, she is in the perfect position to live the role of her mother in episode 5. But that fact troubles me for the very reason that authors hardly ever use the same "trick" twice.
Sentou is offline   Reply With Quote