Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-04, 01:16   Link #255
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Its not a joke, jokes have punchlines, or build up something to then pull the rug out from under your or something. There is no punchline here, its the whole bases of that world. They didn't set it up even as if it really was going to be a serious battle at first to then reveal it really isn't all that serious or bad.
They did precisely that. That war council could have been the twin of any council of a kingdom on its last legs in a war of annihilation.

Quote:
It just seems like that dog picked the first athletic person it saw to be the hero. It didn't have any kind of destiny or fated feel. It seems almost anyone could have played the role with that setup.
I don't see why you insist on "fate", but I'll point out that the princess did say she knew about Shinku, so they at least did some research before picking their hero.

Quote:
Than again, thinking back on Nanoha's first season. They did pull out some things that didn't make any logical sense as well. I mean what kind of parent just lets there 9 year old daughter go off on a journey without any explanation and just accepts it with a smile. I mean no person would just be like "Where are you going? You can't tell me? It's important and you have to do it? Okay, leave however long you need to I won't question it"

I just feel that when you compare serious matters with light hearted matters, it is much easier to go from light hearted to serious than from serious to light hearted. Trying to make war look funny or easygoing is really hard to do, because if its not done well it just looks dumb. But Making lets say, dodgeball, into a "war-like" serious situation can be more entertaining because even if you can't take it serious, you can find it funny still because of how they try to make it serious. An anime example would be like Puella Madoka, taking the light hearted Magical Girl concept and giving it the serious dark tone of Faust has made it huge.

Hmm, but than again. I have to take Hetalia into account. Maybe its just hit and miss and I just think this is going to be a miss and not a hit
I think you refuse to take this anime on its own terms. It's not what you expected, not what you wanted, and you fault it for that.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote