View Single Post
Old 2011-06-25, 15:32   Link #1052
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It's weird...I still feel like I'm one of the only ones that saw this kind of ending coming a mile away. In any case I definitely don't feel the kind of disappointment a lot of others seem to feel because I didn't really have any expectations at all and haven't since about the time the whole financial collapse plotline just sort of...happened out of the blue.

The show had been hovering between a 2/10 and 3/10 on my ol' anime list for the past 5 episodes I would say and never managed to exceed 6/10 at even the series highest point (which I will argue were the individual story lines that showed how losing duels affected people around Yoga) so this episode is just what I'd call keeping with an already set standard. It was really a wholly appropriate way to end the show if you ask me.
To me it wasn't so much that I couldn't tell things were going badly, the signs were there very early on that the editing was haphazard and that the plot was so large it was hard to imagine how'd they keep in only 11 episodes. But rather, it pisses me off to see an intriguing idea and setting go to hell because of factors not really related to the story, but budget, allotted time of episodes, etc. They basically got really low marks on every front that is objective, things that one can actually have complete control of. And that is essentially what dragged down the entire show.

I just don't like to see good ideas go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I thought it was a good read too, but I'm not sure I'd say it was comically bad. More like so bad it's good? Definitely B-grade, but some of the best stuff ever made is, and absolutely a cult classic imo (yeah yeah...I'm sure someone will complain it can't be a cult classic right after ending).
Perhaps I came off wrong with the way I wrote that post, but I definitely understood .

This show is definitely something you got to sit back and enjoy and not take too seriously, otherwise you're just hit a million and one roadblocks.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote