View Single Post
Old 2006-02-17, 18:59   Link #27
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

And so thought begins...

This is quite an intellectual discussion, actually. For me, the most inviting among the relationships in the story is between Yasuna and Hazumu. Let me expound.

(I have watched only up to episode two, and am Filipino myself, so I can associate with DaFool. But I'm not going to talk about being Filipino or about DNA, or even about society. I'm going to talk about my perceptions.)

Hazumu is important to Yasuna. We can infer from her speed at going to the mountaintop when she knew there was something wrong with Hazumu, and with the secret planting of the flowers which were their bonds to one another. Surreptitiously, the creator implies that she denied Hazumu not in spite of herself, but because of something else. That something else was not yet revealed.

I like noble love relationships, and that is why I like watching anime. How can you quantify the love of Arcueid for Shiki?
Spoiler for Shingetsutan Tsukihime:

How can you quantify the love of Kouta for Nyu when it comes to real-life? How can you show the circumstances? You can't, because human action is limited to humanity. And that is why I watch anime.

I mean, it would have been good if Yasuna told Hazumu that she couldn't be with him because of other things, but that is for later. What I really like, however, is her predicament with herself. She really likes Hazumu despite her turning him down, however, it is difficult to grapple now, for he has become a girl. I'd be in very deep pain if I were her.

Imagine if you were close with Charlize Theron, and she likes you, but for some reason she tells you she can't (for now). What if one day she transforms into a handsome guy and becomes Charles Theron, still looking hot as hell, but now a man? I'd be really struggling with myself, honestly.

Tomari's predicament is understandable. However, I think Yasuna's is the bigger problem here.