View Single Post
Old 2010-12-25, 13:12   Link #7467
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Not to say that Hata-sensei is not skilled in regards to drawing and all, but why does body language HAVE to apply to manga?

To me, it's more superfluous and less exact particularly because while those characters can appear, act, and feel real, note that body language is something we do unconsciously at times, but is almost always deliberate in manga.

I dunno, I just think that trying to argue on the basis of body language here is a null point.
Except for the fact that twice Hata has explicitly said that you have to pay attention to the body language and not the words being said.

Are we forgetting that at the very start of the story, Nagi misinterpreted Hayate's words to her as a confession when he was actually thinking of kidnapping her. And then in the later chapter of the Golden Week arc she actually said that words can't be trusted to convey actual feelings?
Whether that means that Nagi might actually come to some sort of conclusion that Hayate wasn't confessing to her has yet to come up again.

Hayate pretty clearly hasn't backed up his confession for Athena by his actions.
I've spent 18+ years learning the body language of people, and found a lot of commonalities.
It's also pretty easy to read once you learn the cues.

@ All, sorry about my earlier post, finally pushed to my breaking point and I ended up snapping at you guys.
Would have rathered have snapped at the one who helped get there but telling me that body language means nothing didn't help anything, it's a pet-peeve of mine, read one of my sig quotes here.
Late December is also a bad time to push my buttons also, as I tend to hate the christmas season for what society has turned it into -_-

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.

Last edited by Bastion_Arcion; 2010-12-25 at 14:06.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote