Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-17, 09:39   Link #99
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I thought there were several great performances in this episode (Sean Bean, Aiden Gilliam no doubt, the ballhead Lord) but I think one of the more understated performances (beneath the endless scheming taking place) was the KING...So far he's played his misguided oaf role pretty well, but what I saw this episode was a jaded man, but man of consequence...Clearly he understands the politics of this world morso than Ned Stark, his spider of a wife, and those conspiring just under his breath...His "5 vs. 1" diatribe was pretty revealing and showed that underneath his womanizing alcoholism is someone who actually understands the price of this budding war..I also find his shouting spells to be quite entertaining^^...But he showed me much more character this episode, peppered with cold-emotion...The lost of his true love being the bitter hole he fills with the cynicism of his caricature...
The scene between Robert and Cersei, which apparently is not in the book, was definitely one of the highlights of the episode. The way you have these two worn-out rulers, who have been married 17 long years, and hated each other for almost that long, having a private conversation together and revealing how they've come to accept this hate as so natural that they can even share a laugh about it, or talk about a past love and not even be at each other's throats. It was a masterful scene, and I know when I read the book, I might be a little bummed not seeing it.

Side note, I crack up most at Robert's scenes. Like when Lancel is trying to get his armor on, but it's too small for him, so what was it Robert just blurted out? "Your mother was a whore with a fat ass" or something like that. I thought, yeah that's a pretty reasonable response Ahhh that killed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
So now pretty boy action-figure (A.K.A Jaime Lanaster) knows that Stark has his brother and the fight ensues...How a man could frame his own brother with one hand, fingerbang his sister with the other, and use the entire farce as an opportunity to kill Ned Stark...I can only wait patiently for the cold dish that awaits that sadistic sonuvab!tch someday(I don't care that he looks like Battle-Damaged He-man^^)...Please though, let's not serve it with breast milk as that's a meal more suited for a 10 year kid courtesy of his bat$hit for brains mother ...
What makes Jamie look worse is that he's attacking Ned for imprisoning Tyrion for a crime Jamie himself committed. The ego.

And as for the gay scene, it wasn't in the books I hear but apparently the HBO guys talked with GRRM beforehand and he confirmed those two jousted for the other team.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote