View Single Post
Old 2014-03-03, 17:12   Link #93
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This is probably one of the best episodes of the series so far.

The dark vibe the episode gave off from beginning until right before the end, was well received by I. IMO, it served to make the end all the warmer & heartfelt.

Aila's backstory could've been pieced together beforehand, but still, what they showed here wasn't a waste of time because it really helped with that indeed heartfelt ending. Her ability to sense Plavsky particles was also another talent that was discovered in the gunplay world. There's now building talent, control talent & sensory abilities involving Plavsky particles. Also, those gems hold the secrets of the Plavsky particle as seen when the close-up of Sei's was shown. Only a matter of time before they become a plot point before the show ends.

Reiji's anger was his way of finding a reason to fight her as noted by many character. Which is nice to see, since its basically their way of recognizing the potential ship. Aila's face when Reiji exclaimed that he wouldn't forgive her, that face said it all, the girl's in love. As a shipper, this episode couldn't make me any happier. I got my fill, they even pulled out the cliché "we have our own world" setting & even gave it a legit reason, which is that the Plavsky particles responded to the gems that Reiji brought with him. We got to see Aila's helplessness at the current situation, plus being caught between a rock & a hard place. With Reiji offering one simple, yet silly solution, all her doubts are erased.

Special bonus points awarded to that part where her hair is shown blowing back with the flowers in the background as her MS blew up. Its like saying, Cupid's arrow pierced her heart as that was happening...lol (Sorry, I let my inner shipper run wild...XD)

I wonder though, will she really come live at Sei's house or was that just used for a convenient solution & she's just gonna stay elsewhere?

Good for Aila. She put everyone in this place & basically said shove it. Glad to see that she finally accepted gunpla & sincerely had fun at the end when she & Reiji were basically flirting. Her character's come a long way since her introduction. This is what I call development.

Still, even with her precognitive abilities, she couldn't dodge the RG system's Build knuckle. Sei's building ability is beast. Well, in the control department, Reiji definitely outclasses her, the precognition puts her on par with him, but without it, she's just below world class level.

Bonus points also go to everyone in the arena making those faces when Reiji & Aila were playing, especially Sei's. Did anyone catch that face when Reiji told him to use the RG? That was priceless.

Overall, the episode was very enjoyable & the shipping couldn't make me any happier. All in all, I'll give it a 9/10. It just fell a little short of a perfect 10 because the ending was a bit too silly for me to handle.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote