View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 11:47   Link #578
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I think it became stale after three series though. Takeuchi ran out of ideas quickly as well, and most of the clones of the time had interesting concepts, if not absurd ones (Wedding Peach is a prime example) but fell prey of the same shortcomings.
It's not unusual for a novel concept to have only so much applicablitiy since they're treading new ground. However, I don't think that your assessment is very fair: SuperS is pretty good even though it's obvious that Ikuhara was told to tone down his weird ideas, and Stars features some of the very best Sailor Moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
The whole concept crashed and burnt with Cutey Honey F and it took quite a while to get "good" for Toei again, with Precure.
Toei did pretty well with Ojamajo Doremi, and that came out two years after Stars wrapped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
There is no mention of Toei here,does Kodansha have to go through Toei if they want to produce a new manga adaptation?
Not that I have anything against Toei but I just find it interesting that everyone finds it a given they'll be producing this when there's been no announcement they will.
The new Sailor Moon doesn't have to go to Toei, but I can't see any production company that would be a better fit. Even discounting their previous history, all of those Precure shows that they have the experience to make good magical girl shows. I can see Toei declining the offer if they think it would interfere with their cash cow, but that's a different matter. In any case, the exact studio making the show is going to be less important than who the main creative staff are going to be. Would they go with old Sailor Moon hands, or are we finally going to see Usagi as written by Okada Mari?