View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 19:57   Link #230
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A really outstanding adaptation, so far. The direction was to die for, I thought: deft and creative, moving quickly, but with just the right pauses to give the show a special style. Ishizuka Atsuko is directing her first full series as director, and directed and storyboarded this first ep herself. She did several eps of NANA, and eps of Aoi Bungaku, Supernatural, Mouryou no Hako, Chihayafuru, etc. Maybe I should also give credit to Okada Mari, who is adapting the original novel.

Kayano Ai was just as good as she was in the PV, where she captivated me with a few words. She's also outstanding as the quite different Tachibana Mei in Sukitte Ii na yo. I also liked relative newcomer Nakatsu Mariko as hard-working classmate Aoyama-san, who seems to like our hero.

And young Suzuki Konomi, who was 15 when she sang the OP to Tasogare Otome Amnesia last spring, returns with another terrific performance singing the ED here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote