View Single Post
Old 2009-01-23, 10:08   Link #86
Langus
Optimus Prime

Huh...interesting. They're pushing them both absolutely to the brink. Ulquiorra is antagonizing Ichigo to his breaking point (the whole "Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not helping you" gave it away) in an attempt to force him to bring out his mask in desperation (since he now seems reluctant to use it). Though what his reason for wanting that is, we don't really know. Perhaps he wants to test his power against Ichigo's when it's at its fullest strength?

Orihime, on the other hand... Hmmm. Ulquiorra seems too interested in her reactions. Even while Ichigo's attacking him his attention is on her and how she's responding to being attacked by Loli and Menoly. I think he wants her to fight back. The whole time she's been there she's been all about saving lives, restoring health, all things positive. She hasn't lifted a finger to defend herself. But maybe this time will be different? I wonder why they need her to break like that. Maybe she needs to reach that point to realize the full extent of her powers (kind of like the Phoenix & Jean Grey for all my fellow X-Men lovers).

Huh. Interesting indeed.

Edit: Marsala - LMAO! Thanks for that post. I've been saying that for forever. People can use this chapter to ship Ichigo/Orihime all they want. Doesn't change the fact that Nel got there first

Last edited by Langus; 2009-01-23 at 10:10. Reason: LOLZ