Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-20, 10:14   Link #19
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
You do realize Eureka7 is mainstream anime and Noein was produced with international distribution in mind? Hence they have the budget for a full season. This show is definitely hardcore otaku. Now unless some h-game company such as Circus puts some cash behind this show (and it' pretty much not a possibility since this isn't based on an h-game), than 13 eps is the way to be, as it has always been.

I don't get the logic behind not trying something because it's too short. To me, that would be all the more reason to try something (Like for example, my favorite movies happen to be short and sweet in 90 minutes and not drag on to 3 hours). Definitely, if producers are sure of the audience they will put more budget for more length, but since this is definitely in the realm of hardcore tastes, they play it safe as any good anime business should.

Then again, if this does turn out to be 24 or 26 eps someone should shoot me -_-.

And I like Yamibou's Ending. To me, a good ending doesn't necessarily be one that you expected or most wanted. An unexpected ending is justified.
Yes, I do. That's the reason why I said it. Sometimes I like short animes for slice of life genre but if the anime is somewhat related to mecha that's a different thing.

I'm not bashing off the series or something but still not even a single production is backed up this show when some of the shows that will start in April even have three productions. But still I do think that this anime won't be as short as Strawberry Panic(yet another over-hyped media-work's yuri anime).
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote