View Single Post
Old 2010-06-29, 17:03   Link #12104
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Well I don't think your giving Kyrie enough credit. She was to be the head of the Sumaderas at the time. I think she could have prepared something to get her out of trouble if she got caught. Like maybe she got the branch family's support since there seems to be fighting going on amongst them about her.
Not impossible. Ange may be mistaken and Kyrie could have gotten out of this somehow on her own. But then, what information do we have left?

Quote:
We don't really know how the hierarchy of the Sumaderas works, but it seems to be a matriarchy.
Not really it isn't, the text is quite clear.

Quote:
To the outside world, women of the Sumadera family were trained to be in a position to support and defer to men.
...But in actuality, a strong leadership was demanded of them so that they could manage all of the common people.
A role literally as a landlady was demanded of them.
Managing the Sumadera family with all its traditions was not something that could be accomplished with just an ordinary level of dignity.
It was an unimaginably heavy responsibility.
Emphasis mine. It's not a matriarchy, but neither it is a patriarchy, it's a power division structure. Women are the internal affairs and property managers, men get the foreign affairs and "active" business ventures. Women are basically there to run all that the men happen to grab.

Quote:
You think Kinzo would have anything to gain from Rudolf having two sons? One of them being secret I guess?
That is one possible conclusion, but what? That continuation of this chain of thought only works if Kinzo needed both grandchildren, and one of them would necessarily have to stay secret. If he just needed a grandchild from Asumu, there's no need to care about Kyrie. If he needed a grandchild from Kyrie, there's no need to make Rudolf marry Asumu. If he needed Kyrie's child raised by Asumu, there's also not much need to care about Kyrie.

Just what kind of a situation would demand a secret child of Rudolf's? Getting us to doubt the red?! Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
I always believed that Kinzo wanted Rudolf to marry Asumu and one of the conditions that Rudolf stacked on for agreeing would be to save Kyrie from the Sumadera. It still leaves why would Asumu be Kinzo's choice but...iono
Rudolf bargaining for Kyrie is actually possible, but it's... well, it's a very expensive bargain for Kinzo who is apparently normally not inclined to give in to his children's demands at all.

That Asumu's child ends up very expensive, and Rudolf swapping the babies becomes an act of monumental defiance.

I'm actually not sure which of the variants is more interesting, Kinzo wanting Asumu's baby and Rudolf bargaining for Kyrie, or Kinzo needing both babies. Unfortunately I don't see where either would lead, as I can see no reason for Kinzo to think that Asumu would produce any kind of specific heir for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
Perhaps he's reluctant to hand the headship through Eva (who was apparently "disinherited") but still wants a male heir?
But how would he know the child would actually be male? All of that mess was concluded before the children were born as far as I can see.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote