View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 22:48   Link #1328
Dr. Casey

Hm, I don't remember much about the election of 2008 (I was too busy angsting over a troubled love lifes, lols); I've been much more attentive this time around. I can't imagine why Obama would've had so much animosity against him, even after four years of him being a not-so-great president I still have no problem admitting that on a personal level he's a very charming and likable guy. As for Romney, people seem to think he's either the spawn of Satan or a decent guy with not much in between (and I find it hard to consider such claims as being anything except white noise considering that I've had 25 years to learn than many people who others demonize do not deserve it), but the story Paul Ryan gave at the Vice-Presidential debate about him coming over to a stranger's home for Christmas and offering to pay for their college - and without telling anyone about the story, at that - gives me faith that he's a good person, even if I disagree with several of his political stands. I'm glad that he probably won't slow down stem cell research the way George W. did, either.