View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 05:52   Link #626
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Subjective.

We don't even know what the real animation looks like. We're probably talking not bad visuals here.

If PA works was in charge, I'd be just as worried, because I've yet to be really entertained by any of their shows. Great visuals don't mean much without a compelling story. I'm actually not as concerned with the visuals as them just being able to tell a compelling story. J.C. Staff can make visuals as good as A-1, White Fox and other plan B studios on people's lists. I think what most people were/are afraid of is J.C. Staff's ability to adapt the storyline and to transfer the atmosphere of the game to the anime. I'm much more worried about that than perfect visuals.

Watch to be entertained and re-experience a great story-line. (New VA performances, characters being finally being animated, maybe not in the way you hoped but still, there's plenty of new things to be entertained by. Just because they're not new and the prettiest visuals doesn't mean they can't be new and still interesting.) Don't watch just for eye-candy. If you want that, just watch the next series PA puts out.
But why cannot we expect and demand both? We've had it from KyoAni previously, so I'll expect JC Staff to match or exceed it. If not, then it will be a failure in my eyes.