View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 23:24   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
*looks for second-most-prolific screenwriter*

Seriously, it's often that the director is more prominent than the screenwriter, and hence generally not well-known, so it's hard for me to know of a writer who's on her level (or even better) and/or has a similar range of works and genres. Also in the pecking order, I believe that the production committee has more decision-making power than the screenwriter..
I would imagine the people that have actually invested money in the project would have more say then the person getting paid by them yes.

Also just because somebody has written in a wide variety of genres doesn't mean that they have written well in all of them. Frankly I find her forays into sci-fi/mecha to be among her absolute worst attempts at writing fiction.

Also as a reiteration of my prior post, I really do need someone to explain to me how the industry (if it were just J.C Staff and Studio Deen I'd be inclined to agree more) owes this particular person anything other than her paycheck and a listing in the credits of each work she does to acknowledge her contribution. Did I miss something, is Mari Okada saving anime ala Yamakan?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote