View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 18:24   Link #132
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You can say the same about Asemu's wife and the grandson's potential girlfriend (did I mention they almost all look the same and even act the same?). Ok ok, Asemu's wife had more life in her than the rest, but this is the one complain I have about the show. Interesting women with an actual backstory ALL have a deathflag floating on their heads and eventually die, while the hero end up with the person-who-just-needs-to-be-there-for-convenience's-sake.

What does this show have against cool women? Seriously.

Though personally I think Emily is aware of whats going on with Flit, but she chose to accept it. Gotta give her props.

- Tak
Yeah it wasn't a strong series for women. Well at least not for ones that managed to stay alive...At least Asemu's arc was pretty solid. Romary wasn't just the one who stayed alive, but the one Asemu liked in the first place. Plus really the only women who died in that one were in the Magicians 8 and all of them died regardless of gender .

Though I have to say the whole Emily thing did kind of suck. I know she's not dead, but couldn't she join the group during his x-rounder rounder moment ? Well in the end all you can do is assume since the only time we saw them post gen 1 was at that family dinner, that's it.