View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 22:43   Link #44
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Unf. I have to vote democrat, not because I particularly like democrats, as I think they're mostly a bunch of take-my-tax-dollars-and-hand-it-to-the-poor-schmucks-who-are-poor-because-they-make-garbage-financial-decisions (in fact our POTUS is a freaking former community organizer from Chicago...LOL), but because the alternative is a bunch of loony theocratic corporate shills.

Now if Ron Paul wins the republican nomination (read: FAT CHANCE) then I'll actually have a choice, ditto if Colin Powell actually ran. But at the moment, it's Ron Paul surrounded by a bunch of crazy imbeciles. The conservatives of yesteryear with their fiscal hawking and stay out of everyone's way are far different than today's omniscient-morality-license-and-give-megacorps-free-reign-over-the-U.S.-and-the-rest-of-the-world-so-long-as-they (the corporate politicos)-get-their-rewards-eventually.

I mean put it this way:

Dr. James Simons, the founder and chairman of Math for America (and the stupidly hilariously successful Medallion hedge fund within Renaissance Technologies which pumps out 40% returns net of fees every year with mathematical computer models) goes straight ticket democrat, as do people like Eric Schmidt.

If there were a good, smart, reputable republican running for the office of POTUS such as Colin Powell, Ron Paul, or Michael Bloomberg, they'd most certainly have my vote at this point.

But at this point, it seems that it's going to be Barack Obama vs. some crazy right-wing loony.

And in this case, I simply have to vote not to put the better candidate in office, but to keep the loony from bowing to his or her (yikes!) corporate masters and throwing what's left of our country off a cliff.