View Single Post
Old 2010-06-21, 03:09   Link #206
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How exactly is it a rip-off of the Matrix? No doubt they're probably in a virtual reality but the messages and the execution couldn't have been more different. Does the Matrix have slapstick and black humor ( major part of Angel Beats)? No. Does the Matrix involve dealing with the regrets of your past lives (A Major part of Angel Beats)? No. Does Angel Beats allude to the implications of Descartes Third Wave of doubt and rage against the malicious demon responsible (A major part of the Matrix)? Maybe in the very last episode, but it probably won't actually be the most pressing issue, since it never has been from the start. The Matrix isn't the first to do the Platonic Cave, and even if Angel beats is doing it, that doesn't mean it's playing the trope in the same way The Matrix is.

Similar =/= Rip off.

Pretty much everyone has been aware of the pacing problem from the start. It's just that our perception of it varies. It's annoyed me at times but I'm willing to overlook it because there's a lot of other things I've liked. (and it's clear other factors are affecting your perception of the pacing issue, aswell)

Last edited by Haak; 2010-06-21 at 03:32.