View Single Post
Old 2006-10-26, 22:05   Link #276
firstian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think it's not really any specific city, just generic US for Japanese consumption. The street signs were "Boston" and "...ngton". There may or may not be a "Boston Street" in Boston, but it would be more likely somewhere else, since you're already in Boston. New Haven? It was made to look like an older eastern city, anyway. And I have actually been in a friend's student apartment in Boston that looked very much like that, including old-fashioned kitchen and big bed/sitting room with bay window...and cockroaches, I presume, which would probably lower the rent.

As for why they looked better in the past: they are four years of depression older. Hiro doesn't seem to shave much, and combs his hair over his eyes, lol. But actually, I think Shouko looks just as good, only older and thinner-faced.
The city looks like Boston. The scene where they walked in the snowy park shows the old John Hancock tower (the one with famous lights that shows the current weather) and the Prudential towers. The perspective of the building looks like they are walking in Boston Garden. Also, in the envelope, the city is Boston, but the state and the zip code is all messed up (they showed BS 98765 which isn't a valid state or zip ).

Frankly, I don't know where in Boston they can find an apartment with such a lousy kitchen and nice bedroom with those huge windows. Can you imagine the heating cost? All the old student apartments here have dinky old tiny double hung windows.
firstian is offline   Reply With Quote