View Single Post
Old 2014-01-20, 00:36   Link #14
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I don't know Triple_R, even if they did get to see some of these better shows I don't know that we'd get more approval from the critics.

I think another problem is that critics tend not to like stories that aren't edgy and "intellectual" (and somehow even shows like Madoka Magica aren't intellectual dispite obvious being so).

I'll grant that the general public's disdain for anime may be ignorance, resulting in the assumption that anime consists of Sailor Moon, DBZ, and hentai.

Critics however are going to be harder to impress. How many quality artsy "intellectual" anime shows are there? Penguindrum is the only recent one I can think of off the top of my head.

Sure if you look at all anime you can find more. Code Geass I guess. Evangelion, a few others.

Something like Jojo is way to simplistic and straight forward of a morality play to appeal to the guardians of American media.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2014-01-20 at 20:45.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote