View Single Post
Old 2011-01-09, 19:32   Link #26
TJR

The 7th Guest. Time hasn't been kind to people's perception of this one, but it was a blast upon release. The game was a glorified collection of puzzles, but the musical score, pre-rendered CG, and FMV (used to depict movement through the mansion in the first person perspective) shone through at the time.

Police Quest. This was the game that introduced me to graphic adventures. People seemed to hate the design, which requires players to read the manual and adhere to specified police procedures, but that touch of realism made me love it.

Final Fight 2. A mindless beat 'em up. It looked good, controlled well, and was pretty fun.

World Heroes 2. Honestly, it's crap. Guess I was suckered by the fast speed (compared to most SNES fighting games) and humor, but it's unplayable by today's standards.

Space Adventure Cobra. Loved this for how bad it was - an unintentionally hilarious Japanese adventure. Replays weren't any fun though.

King Arthur & The Knights of Justice. This too was a model of a bad licensed game. NPC AI was quite amusing to watch.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote