Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 04:55   Link #13559
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Your "professional" tendency towards smearing the competition is showing through here, TRL.
Well, I make no secret of my professional ties and more than one person here knows my identity. And while I may disagree with most of its editorials, I respect The Online Citizen for being an alternative voice for the people. My respect, however, does not extend to the other website that claims to be the "true" voice, but is nothing more than a platform for whiners who dare not put a name to their complaints. They are, in my opinion, just a bunch of cowardly rabble-rousers with zero credibility.

Heck, my hopes for true reform includes dismantling the many laws that effectively turn our constitutional right to free speech into a privilege. None of the parties campaigned on that platform, even if it appears in some form or another in their manifestos. That to me, is the real challenge for the future, a time when Singaporeans dare to look beyond bread-and-butter issues and think seriously about what kind of democracy we truly want. Young or old, I think most, if not all, Singaporeans would support such changes.