View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 04:19   Link #16
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why is NisiOisin even being mentioned in this thread? This thread is clearly talking about anime writers not light novel writers since we're in General Anime not Manga and Light novels. if you want to shit on Nisio go make a thread in that forum. Oh wait he wrote the script for Medaka Box Episode 12, clearly justifies his place in this thread. And it's not like his best received novels haven't even been turned into anime yet or nothing...

Overrated is easily Okada, underrated is Kuroda and Ohnogi. Also don't know why people are saying Hiroyuki Yoshino is overrated. who the heck actually rates him highly in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
However, when kept under checks or provided with a source, they seem to do fine. I notice they both seem to be best at writing attractive, strong women. (Mai-HiME was chock full of these.) Surely, he can't get credit for creating Snow Black from Accel World, but given the base of a character, and she simply rocked. It fell straight in with his talents. I should watch Macross Frontier.
I have to totally give him credit for Sheryl Nome... but he totally dropped the ball with Ranka Lee... but yeah Sheryl played to his strengths... but watching Frontier will show you a lot of his flaws as a writer as well... especially the non triangle ending when the damn thing was emphasized so much throughout. (but need that hook for the movies right)

Also Hime sold more than Otome.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-08-19 at 04:34.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote