View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 05:03   Link #67
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

That was the most intense Valentine day episode I've ever watched.

Satoshi finally explains himself. I think he doesn't really have a problem aside from the topic concerning Mayaka. It make me think back to one of the scene in Lucky Star when Kagami beated Misao in a game but Misao looked so happy that Kagami actually felt like she was a loser for caring too much about winning. Satoshi found out that by not trying to win, he actually is very happy with his life. So I don't see any problem with taking that attitude. It doesn't mean he doesn't try to do anything like (the old) Houtarou. He just does not try to be the best at it. Sure, he took it a little too far in my opinion. I would say everyone should try to master a thing or two so you can make a living and contribute to the society. But it's nothing that need "fixing." It is actually something that we all have to accept at some point in our life that there is always someone better than you at something.

On the other hand, as he pointed out, it is an issue with his relationship with Mayaka. He has to dedicate himself to the one person. But as Houtarou said, it is pretty stupid that he can't just separate the two issue. He can be in a relationship and still live his life the way he want.

On the Houtarou and Eru front, I have to repeat what have been said. It was nice to see Eru explains that she doesn't give him anything because she consider him "people who she is very closed to." I was rooted on the spot seeing her rage and happy seeing Houtarou clam her down by saying trust him on this. And she did. And oh boy, I'm certainly not the only one who got the husband/wife vibe from that last phone call. Right, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This is a series that can make other anime look really amateurish by comparison when it goes all-out.
I kind of agree with you, but I'd use the word "childish" instead. Or even better, it makes other anime even more too "chuunibyou."

Last edited by Hyper; 2012-09-10 at 05:54.