View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 03:42   Link #205
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Indeed, her offensive abilities seem lackluster compared to some of the flashier techniques such as Susanoo or FRS, however she easily accomplishes a comparable amount of damage with her raw strength, which Madara even took note of(thats saying something coming from him). She is practically walking around in sage-mode, save a few perks.
Indeed. It goes without saying that this is what I've implied when I acknowledged how dangerous she can be from close-range.

Quote:
As for the issue with long range, I can see Tsunade using her summon to split into hundreds of divisions and spit acid, or perform some other well coordinated attack if necessary. Not to mention she can also “wear” a small slug for extra defense if needed.
I feel bad for failing to factor in this summon of hers. That acidic spit seems like it would be a rather effective technique against Konan. Good point. I guess it slipped my mind because it wasn't a technique Tsunade herself could use.

Quote:
Tsunade has incredible stamina, dodging ability, battle experience, and her healing is currently the best in the ninja world –indeed she has survived some very devastating attacks. So, I think the question is rather what will Konan really be able to do to stop Tsunade, besides that impractical trap laid for Obito? (Impractical in the sense that it takes considerable preparation and cannot be done on the fly) Probably not much : /
I've always seen Konan's biggest threat lies with her intellect and how she can apply it to her signature jutsu style to be one of the most dangerous on-the-fly trap users in this series. We also know that Tsunade is not completely invulnerable to taking damage by any means. She just happens to have techniques to rapidly recover from the damage at the cost of draining her chakra.

With that said, creating explosive tags are a pretty simple task for Konan. And disguising it is also something she excels in better than anyone else I can think of. Even her clones can be riddled with explosives.

Now I know we've seen Tsunade recover from some pretty serious and fatal injuries but explosions easily have the potential to cause far more instantaneous damage than we've ever seen her sustain at any one moment. So in theory, Konan has the tools to force her into expending chakra at an alarming rate--if not instantly kill her without allowing her techniques time to regenerate anything.

So for me, it ultimately comes down to whether Tsunade can survive a multitude of cleverly laid exploding traps long enough to land a decisive blow and whether Konan can end the battle before getting caught by Katsuyu's spit or some other well planned assault--which is why I can see it going either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I see what you're saying, but i think it's simply a matter of tsunade never having to fight someone like konan, so we haven't really seen what she can do in that case. obviously i'm speculating here, but her summoning is slugs, which are slimy, wet and sticky which is actually similar to the toad oil. i'd assume that if she could cover konan with slug juices she'd be done for =)
Yeah. I concede on that particular instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
then there's the issue of what konan could do to tsuande which is not much (if anything) that tsunade couldn't either dodge or heal quickly
To sum it up, I envision Konan's chances lying within in her keen intellect, and her ability to apply it to create highly damaging paper-based traps that would be hard to dodge indefinitely while also possibly overwhelming Tsunade's forbidden regeneration/creation techniques.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-01-01 at 03:56.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote