View Single Post
Old 2007-10-14, 07:35   Link #1613
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Group: JEEB fansubs
Positions: Editor/QC , Timing, Kara maker/Typesetter
Sure/Current Projects: Lucky☆Star (HDTV & ending the SDTV ones), Sketchbook ~full color's~ HQ
IRC Channel: #jeeb @ irc.rizon.net
E-mail: jeebjp {atmark} gmail.com
MSN Messenger: jeebatk {atmark} hotmail.com

Once again, I need people for editing/QC, since many people seem to have lost their ability to be online from the English side of things. Small amount of Japanese knowledge would be nice, but is not officially "needed". Also Sketchbook needs an "image". Knowledge of Aegisub and some experience in fansubbing would be preferred on all positions.

Details about positions:
  • Editor/QC: Your work in the group is to keep the English in the subtitles clean and "in the rules". Some work might be related to rather unedited material, which is closer to editing, some material on the other side would be already edited, but then revised by a TL/TLC to match the original Japanese.
  • Timer: Since we now have TLs that do not pre-time themselves, but do only-text translations, we are now in need of a timer. Timing only on audio with the series that we have done so far has been a bit no-good, so knowledge of Aegisub is preferred, as scene changes and audio often go a bit zig-zag. Also other ASS subtitling software may bork the UTF8 comments that our translators like to put into the scripts, so Aegisub would be the preferred tool of the trade.
  • Kara maker/Typesetter: Your job will be to make the main image of the fansubs. Mood adaptation, general styling and such in the subtitles, combined with the karaoke effects and sign placing are your essential link in the group. Good knowledge of ASS scripting required, AFX experience is not required, but a plus.

If you are interested in any of the positions and think you can be an active part of a group, or just have any questions about them, please contact me through IRC, e-mail, the website, MSN Messenger or through PM in this forum. Also people that can help with seeding of releases and/or in providing XDCC bots are always needed, so please be in contact with me if you can help with that.

With best regards,
JEEB