View Single Post
Old 2011-11-12, 21:42   Link #6
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpiente View Post
cause for what I can see, the show is more about comedy and parody than anything else, it almost looks like a sit-com for otaku audiences.
I think you will change your mind after watching the sub. Even though I like to complain a whole bunch, the script for this episode is extremely good (this is the main reason why I said this suffers less from the talk-a-lot syndrome.

The complexity that goes into the discussion in the beginning regarding trade and the liquidation of the money/loan into fuel (tentative translation) and such is very engaging. Those who were gunning for more interesting discussion like last episode regarding resources would really enjoy the beginning part (which makes it very susceptible to mistranslations unfortunately, and I'm already worried about TAN subs skirting around the official terms once again).

If anything, this episode showcases Kawakami's talent for scenario-drafting very well. I would've gave this episode a solid 10 just base on dialogues alone if I didn't already know these stuff (and honestly was expecting more than I should have). I don't think anyone who dislikes this series is still watching at this point ... which is fine because everyone will clearly know they're are just bashing a series just for the sake of bashing a series.