View Single Post
Old 2012-05-24, 04:09   Link #59
Odinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Sasuke is saying that Itachi was "perfect" in terms of ability.

He didn't need to latch on to anyone else for an identity or make their abilities his.

He was the pinnacle of Uchiha greatness that everyone admired.

Sasuke has pretty much forgiven Itachi.

Remember Sasuke believed Itachi to be a traitor who used his talent to pursue selfish ambition rather than help uplift the Uchiha name. Later he finds out that he was ordered to massacre the Uchiha clan. Sasuke personally was kept alive in order to further the Uchiha legacy and avenge the them all the while believing his was killing his traitor brother. He did all of this to prevent Civil War which would have inevitably destroyed Konoha and the Uchiha clan anyway.

It's really twisted how he thinks but I understand it.

He sees what Itachi did now as a noble sacrifice and he has channeled his anger towards the people who ordered the massacre and the people who benefited from it (The Konoha elders and villagers).

I wonder how all of this will play out because it seems to me like Sasuke is going through a transformation. After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him? Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.
I believe Itachi has faith that in the end, the REAL Kabuto is a good person - he wanted the orphan to find a home within himself, to stop being someone he is not- the younger Kabuto never wanted to become a shinobi- he wanted to be a healer and take care of what was important to his 'mother'.

For sure, Kabuto is as lonely as Itachi was.

Izanagi and Izanami - the loop; a lesson Itachi wants to teach his younger brother about retracing where you've gone wrong and have the opportunity to correct your path only by releasing all self delusions (that's too profound for Sasuke's brain btw). That it is never to late to change your direction in life.

That and of course, he wanted his brother to have meaningful bonds- comrades- brotherhood: something Itachi wanted for himself but denied because of the path he has chosen. I think Naruto plays a great importance in opening Itachi's eyes on this one.

And because this is Itachi, he will never say all these outright to Sasuke. The numskull has to figure it out for himself. Good luck to you.
Odinx is offline   Reply With Quote