Thread: Licensed Usagi Drop
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 13:44   Link #762
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm sorry but you're not making any sense whatsoever... you provided insufficient information for any other conclusion. You didn't say whether it was the writing that bothered you or how the various story threads were resolved or... and virtually everyone who doesn't like the latter half has pretty much the same complaints.

So, you may have liked the ending but I'm not supposed to read on for my own good? You didn't like the ending and I'm not supposed to form my own judgement? I'm "cool and superior" because I don't trust your judgement since you provide no basis for me to trust your judgement?
Actually, the only thing I said is "don't read it". I didn't say why (and that was the point, because the less said about it the better in my opinion, knowing the details would just kill the point of not reading it, and explaining too much would push people to read it out of curiosity).
If I don't give any information about why I hate it, I don't really see how you can conclude that I dislike it "because X".

You're the one making no sense :
"Don't read it, it's crap !"
"Hey, unlike you I'm able to enjoy works that aren't childish fantasy land ! I am mature enough to appreciate them and hence don't need some predictable happy ending !"
"Err... Where did I say that I considered it crap because of supposed lack of happy ending ?"
"Oh well, it was the only logical deduction !"

Though if that is your idea of logic, maybe you'll actually like the ending, after all.

Anyway, I'm giving you the advice of not reading the ending because there is a very strong chance that it will ruins the whole story for you. Now if you are so eager to just jump on any occasion to transform it into some kind of chest-banging contest, I'll just shrug and give up. My intent was simply to attempt to shield people from extreme disappointment, not to one-up anyone.
Quote:
... and please stop confusing your opinion as "fact" You have an opinion about the story, that's fine, there's a wide range of opinions on Usagi Drop.
Well, there is a wide range of opinions on about everything, even on subjects which are beyond proven. There is still people arguing seriously that the Earth is 6000 years old after all

Everything can be rationalized away if someone is intent enough to do it. Some pointless details can be blown out of proportion to be claimed as "evidence" while much more numerous and strongly-standing pillars of the story can be ignored, if someone wants it.

But the last part of the Usagi Drop manga is just so full of contradiction with the premisses, and in such complete disconnect with the whole rest of the work, that I don't really see how to call it anything other than "fact", save for the persons that will try to dissect it to find reasons to fuel some kind of rationalization as said above.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote