View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 16:04   Link #1689
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobu-chan View Post
Oh well, I was just wondering about chapter 5 (I think..?) When Kirito meets Asuna for the second time, considering the fact that they met inside a dungeon when the game started according to the side story on volume 2.

I thought it was lame how they met, Asuna just calling up his Kirito's name and Kirito just grabbing her hand and saying "cook acquired," like come on it's been 2 years since they last met, so I thought it was kind of strange.
The novel was written before the side stories and is not consistent. As you noticed, some of the side stories which come later partially retcon events in the first novel, especially with respect to Asuna/Kirito interactions. It's a bit jarring.

In the first novel, they did not meet at the level one boss fight. Instead, they meet for the first time about six months before the events of the novel - when Asuna chastises Kirito for sleeping but ends up taking a nap herself. From that moment, Asuna starts getting closer to Kirito, but most of their interaction is still simply from the boss battle strategy meetings. They do not go to any restaurants.

Murder in the Area elaborates on their "first" meeting but also changes the last part - they end up at a restaurant a number of times.

Aria in the Starless Night moves their first meeting from "six months ago seeing Kirito sleeping under a tree" to "two years ago having Kirito save Asuna in the middle of a dungeon and then teaming up with her for the first boss fight".
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote