View Single Post
Old 2010-12-13, 17:12   Link #112
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I reread my post twice. I never said she hated him. I said her malice was increasing which is defined as:

feeling a need to see others suffer

Which isn't necessarily related to hatred. It could be something as simple as jealously.

People associate Malice with hatred, it's nearly impossible to have one without the other.

Quote:
Why did he ignore her? There is no back story! There's no reason we are able to see why a nice guy like Kyousuke would do such a thing in the first place.
you're being too black and white about things. Yes, there's no back story about how or why it happened, the LN's didn't cover it yet either. You should know better that in these types of situations the flashback is a key element where it won't get "discovered" until the end, like Kanon for instance, we don't know what happened with the main guy and girl until towards the end of the series.

Quote:
I don't see it this way. I see her as an attention freak, a drama queen. It's not that she's in love with her brother, but she becomes jealous whenever she see Kyosuuke spending time with others, particularly women.

Difference of interpretation.
You shouldn't be in denial. Kirino is displaying classic tsundere behavior when it comes to this.

Quote:
I stated the development, not her blushing came out of left field. Meaning, I saw no reason to believe in the sudden compassion she showed towards her brother.
I do agree that it was a bit disjointed, especially if you don't read the Light Novels. The middle was cut out due to time constraints. But I can tell you that it didn't come out of no where.

Quote:
Precisely why I am frustrated. Irrational characterization.

If they go for the incest route, I'll believe you. But then I'd be disgusted with this anime for other reasons (And no not just because its incest). As said above, difference of interpretation. She's just an attention freak.
[/Quote]

I think your distaste for incest is blinding you towards the series.

Kirino isn't an attention freak in a general sense, she only wants Kyousuke's attention.