View Single Post
Old 2009-04-20, 22:49   Link #26
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

Taiga is my favorite tsundere, because her anger makes sense and stuff. Sure, others are done well, like Shana and Nagi, but both of those characters are hindered because they're too fantastical (Nagi is so unbelieveably rich and basically owns him and Shana isn't human, so she doesn't act like one) Taiga feels an emotional emptiness without Ryuuji and her dependence on him just touches me...

Uh, all three of those characters are done by Rie Kugimiya. Wait a second, how many series in a row have I recently seen with her... (counts) 6???

My other favorite and the other lead, Ryuuji is one of the best main characters ever. Seriously, his compulsion to help people is done really well. Compare him to Ichigo of Bleach. Ichigo on the surface is very similar: mean face, but has a compulsion to help people. However, Ryuuji doesn't just help Taiga confess - he does everything. If she's hungry, he'll make her as much as she wants. If she's late for school, he'll drag her out. If she makes any sort of mess, he'll instantly clean it up for her. And that's not all, he actually teaches her how to take care of herself. This shows why Taiga fits him the best out of the three choices. Minori generates her own power, she has to work. They would spend no time together because both of them would constantly try to outwork the other. If he pampered Ami like that, it would probably go to her head, and generally just be bad for her.

The Matchmaker Romance. The only relationship where a romantic dinner is used to discuss romantic dinners with other people.