Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-27, 22:27   Link #2168
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Yes, they can but generally the vast majority of humans do not murder for pleasure. If only a small percentage of shiki, vampires, werewolves or whatever supernatural creatures are in a given show bother to fight their nature, why should we blame the humans who fight back and kill them? If you have met ten shiki so far and all of them were killers, would you be inclined to believe the eleventh one when he claims he is actually a nice guy?

Except that the humans not only were killing Shikis,they started going after people that were simply bitten (and being bitten once isn't deadly,they could have recovered) or supposed "traitors" when they had no proof and sometimes were just innocent people.

The humans were also in denial about the shikis still being the same people they were when they were alive.
It's one thing to accept the fact that "hey,I'm going to have to kill this person I'm very fond of to survive,so be it", and another to try and confort yourself by saying "this isn't the person I once knew,so it's ok to kill that person" because the latter is a complete lie,the shikis still had memories and emotions so they still were very much the same person.