View Single Post
Old 2011-12-08, 19:01   Link #135
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
More then likely the reason why Yozora disappeared as a child is part of why she is the way today. We know it didn't happen because she chickened out or something like that
Wrong, we *don't* know why she didn't appear, it's never said.
But yes, the reason why she disappeared could very well be the reason why she's that way now. I still think it most likely that she *did* chicken out, and because of that has started to hate herself. Her self-hate could be the reason why she can't treat others any better than she currently does and constantly trolls them etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
If she did chicken out, then it has something to do with her pretending to be a boy, which is a source of shame and yet another reason for her to be the way she is (although that alone doesn't seem to warrant the extreme personality change.)
Her pretending to be a boy could indeed be the main cause why she chickened out - perhaps she was afraid about what he would say when he found out that she lied to him about her gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
If you look at the perspective of both parties on that 'promised' day, I would say Kodaka is more to blame.
lolwut? Yozora didn't appear, most likely because she was too ashamed to tell him that she's actually a girl, and you say that Kodaka's to blame for that?
Yozora brought this upon herself all by herself, by telling him that she would be a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
The key difference is Kodaka knew he's going away, knew it for weeks, whilst Yozora didn't. Had Yozora known he's going away, would it be different?
I doubt it would've changed anything. Yozora was simply too ashamed to tell him that she's a girl, and I doubt that knowing that Kodaka would be going away would've made her any less ashamed. Rather, knowing that would've make her feel more uncomfortable and thus more likely to panic sooner and thus disappear sooner without goodbye.