View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 11:17   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I call it passion. I'm sure you mean the same thing by using emotion so I'm starting to understand what you mean by the emotions conveyed in a particular scene. I had always thought you meant something like the sappy emotion you see on Oprah or something, but I get it finally. It's the ability to put everything you can into a role and to really try your hardest to make it work. If you can do that, even if it isn't the best performance of the day, you know you've pushed your limits and there are people out their that no this too. Even still I think she has occassionally slipped up during her brief period of overwork in series such as Himawari, which I saw one episode with her character in it. You could tell she didn't like doing a boring quiet character and she would frequently slip into the true Genki Aya Hirano. The Death Note role is best just not to talk about. I don't think even Aya Hirano with all her passion can save a character as poorly written as Misa Amane. I'd blame that one on her agent personally, not her. What was the other one, oh yeah Busou Renkin, where we have the Genki Hirano back screeching for her Onii-Chan. For some reason that was hysterical for me as she deliberately overacted it for comedic effect, not in character and not the best role she's played, but again turning lemons into lemonade where possible.
Maybe I like Oprah-emotion, when I think it's real. In any case, I think Himawari has some of the worst voice-acting I've heard, from almost everyone, so I think it's because of the style the director or sound director got them to do. I only watched a couple of eps of Busou Renkin and I thought she was quite effective there in the minute or two total she appeared, and that the devoted, completely non-ecchi imouto/oniichan they played really worked, and that she got the comedy aspect of it right. Misa-Misa seems to be being played in a bizarre style that is what the director wanted and suits the manga character, but doesn't do much for me. She was nominated as best supporting voice for that role and not Layla, which is something I didn't get at all. I really do disagree about genki being the thing she does best, but "different strokes for different folks." I think Layla is her best work. But I think the "not totally naturalistic" I mentioned is what some people think of as poor acting. Nevertheless, even the crying in that clip of NANA works for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.