Old 2008-06-06, 20:59   Link #922
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
As a matter of fact...

*cough* Fire Bomber *cough*

I may not have been a big Macross fan that time, but guess you can say the idea of a man who can control a mech with his guitar was too cool to pass up on...

Wonder why Rhythm Edge was a guitar?

*runs*

So that means... With my introduction of Nanoverse Valkyries...

*imagines TSAB digging up a VF-1 meant to be linked to Rhythm Edge*

Keikakudoori...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
'cute' is subject to opinion anyway, so no surprise there.

But the shy-moe is definetly a moe type.

Except that... the shy-moe types tend to be thrown in your face a hellalot more. >_< not to mention the fans keep badgering for more even if they add nothing to the story arc *cough*Nodoka*cough*

And there we come to the core: It's all subject to personal opinion. Shy-moes are definetely in the 'too much' area for me. They make me want to grab the manga and yell 'Grow a frikin spine!' while shaking it. I think its because I'm surrounded by girls who basically defy the shy-girl type.
Yes the line is very subjective.

Which reminds me, what kind of moe is Sakura Mato? Shy Moe? Gentle Moe? Psycho Moe AKA Dark Sakura...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Fate's constant shy-whispery way of speaking for one. And she had quite a few moe scenes in StrikerS. Take her 'eh? eh?' scene at the end of episode 26.

I have to admit, the fight against Jail made me like her a bit more. Mainly because it showed her getting outright pissed.
I prefer to call that Righteous Fury.

I wished that scene was done better though. I got Precia vibes from it because it seemed a little out of place compared to Fate's normal demeanor.

Wait that WAS the point, wasn't it?

At least I'll cover a bit more on Fate's side in Rebuilt, as to why she's so annoyed with the Doctor.

As for Nanoha... I'm putting the White Devil mode that was removed from the DVD release back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Her fight with Jail made me like her alot more. Though not significantly, and for different reasons.

Well, at least Fate got pissed before. Nanoha..didn't even flinch when shooting at Quattro for touching Vivio. This is going to make attempts at drawing her angry alot more difficult in the future.
My conclusion upon watching that: Put nicely, she's like all of those heroes who believe the opponent may be remotely good. I had a more cynical first thought, but it's probably from why Nanoha doesn't really appeal to me while Hayate and Fate are fighting for top spot (hence creating the love Triangular in Cente Gravia)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
That's the fun thing about Nanoha. Subaru goes friggin' SSJ4 on you when she gets pissed, but Nanoha takes the Tranquil Fury route, which is infinitely cooler when it's pulled off right. Alex has something similar, usually reserved for when Hayate's in trouble and his Big Brother senses kick in.

While the exact nature of the changes to StrikerS is still very much up in the air, I'm considering switching things up so Alex is the one to take down either Jail or Quattro while in the throes of this calm fury, during which he nails them to the wall with projected pseudomatter swords and in a calm-yet-psychotic voice, tells them exactly where and how they screwed up and how he's going to enjoy dragging out the last few minutes of their lives in retribution for the pain and suffering they've caused everyone, especially Vivio and Hayate.
Go after Jail, and you'd interrupt not only Fate's battle, but Kha's as well...

But it's your timeline, go on ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
This is what I get for listening to certain openings from 1970's anime...

Spoiler for Super WHAT?!:

*RUNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*
GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA GETTA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
From the technical standpoint it was right to disband RF6 becuase it did serve it's purpose: take down Jail and finish the investigation into the JS incident. I get the feeling that Hayate dearly wanted to leverage RF6 into something more permanent but she'd used up all her political capital for setting up and RF6's results didn't quite justify things.

It's like Mobility Six, the SEAL counterterrorist team setup in the early 80s, who pretty mych were a temporary taskforce, though in their case when Mob Six was disbanded it was replaced with SEAL Team Six, the larger bigger more dedicated counterterrorist SEAL team.

That said, in real life task forces get disbanded all the time. Take a look at Task Force 121, or Task Force 145.

And also... quite frankly I doubt Hayate and Carim had enough clout to keep the Aces massed in one area for long.

Basically? Comes down to politics. The RF6 idea was a good concept, but it cost too much political capital to setup and maintain, and the results didn't really justify keeping it open and running. And also, remember that Carim was Hayate's main backer and she supported RF6's formation to deal with the threat in the prophecy; once said threat in prophecy is gone all indications are that Carim wanted to go back to the status quo.

I intend to change this in a project tentatively called Task Force Six, which will involve RF6 with small dets of SPOCC personnel... like 1 squad of the Assault Platoon, one of the flights (either Sword or Lance), and some members of SOPCC. Oh and Warthogs. Even if they're unarmed. Can't fight hogs.

Yes, we're getting Felix/Vita. No chief or Johnson though. They're a bit too badass to blend in. :P
As I was reading down the list, I felt that there was a possibility of a bigger force being created from the ashes of Riot 6, and viola you proposed TF6. While I don't know what the structure would be like, but would you mind me referencing it in the future lolis' profiles?

It's because when I first wrote their profiles, they were attached to Riot 6, which was disbanded. Having Task 6 as the mother organization of the FRONT will be more canonical, but permission will lie with you.

@Tk: Points taken. I did say I wanted to unshaft everyone, and politicians, bias and would be one of them.

But there's one interesting point. How come there was no rival force to Riot 6 in canon? These were attacks mounted on Midchilda soil, shouldn't the FBI equivalent be responding more, and not some crack squad that can only handle 1 incident at a time hogging all the action? Can this be explained in canon, or will this be a point I need to fix in Rebuilt?

Last edited by Kha; 2008-06-06 at 21:16.
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote