Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-18, 18:26   Link #20341
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Mmmm, just read through the last 15 or so pages of posts that have emerged whilst I was away, and hadn't had a chance to read yesterday.

I'm sure I had a few fair points to make but damned if I can remember them now. I am however looking forward to seeing what state Tsukune is in, or at, when Touhai lets him go after Akua; there's also the fact his ghoul mode seems very much to be akin to a sort of 'Devil Trigger' mode ala Devil May Cry; with the slight side effect of burgeoning insanity; should he get beaten to the usual point of no return.
He's also slowly getting closer to taking control of that power as well; considering Tsukune has now reached a point whereby even in Ghoul mode; he retains his conscious self, even if it's not the portion of him in control. Back in the early days; I don't remember him even remembering. That his conscious self is now strong enough to remain 'awake' and remember, it's obviously either getting use to his vampiric self, becoming slowly attuned, or getting stronger itself; giving a clear indication at some point, not now, and likely not for some time, but one day Tsukune will be in full control of every essence of power we've seen his ghoul form exhibit; and likely more as he'll no longer effectively be acting against himself.

He's definately gone up a whole different level of power though, just judging by the blast he gave the ground without even trying; and the punch we saw in Ghoul mode; I'm definately looking forward to seeing Moka's rescue, and her reaction to the Six-Million-Dollar-Tsukune He's definately starting to stretch his legs from the early encounters; and it's not just his conscious form getting stronger, so is his ghoul.

He's definately going to be a tough one if he survives long enough.

I'm also definately looking forward now to finding out what's happened to Issa. With his wife in her position; it makes me all the more interested to find out where he is; whats happened to him and what he's been doing. Someone who heads a large vampire coven, and can take a mistress, whilst having a wife like that says something about his strength.
PERHAPS he HAS been killed; or taken out the picture. But I somehow think that he'd be too strong to depose easily.

Also glad to see a small hint that Akasha may well still be alive; although 50/50 as she may instead have merged with Alucard.

Akua's also still bat-shit crazy it has to be said; right now I've no idea if she'll do a turn round like Kokoa, or whether she really might have to be killed; or whether she'll simply up and leave/continue to be a pain from the side lines.

Once Tsukune's learnt something that'll at least give him a chance against the Jigen-Tou, it's certainly going to be a nasty fight; especially if any element of the 'ghoul' appears.
We saw previously that Akua didn't want to take on Touhai; but we saw last chapter just what Tsukune's ghoul form is capable of right now, absolutely wasting him. I'd say that suggests the raw power potential [albeit not the level Tsukune can control] from Tsukune is already far higher; but Akua has control and technique on her side.

From obvious suggestions and the original 'falcon punch' it'd also suggest that Tsukune in his current conscious state; has probably surpassed the strength of his at-the-time-far-stronger ghoul form when we first saw it; demonstrating how much he has grown; and perhaps not entirely from Touhai's ritual, but from experience and the Ayashi nature slowly becoming a bigger part of him.
[Although there is also no doubt the ritual hasn't also given him a fairly potent power up/helped bring out a little more of his potential]
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2011-06-19 at 04:46.
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote