View Single Post
Old 2011-02-07, 02:37   Link #100
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I went and took down every appearance, action, and word QB has from the first two episodes. I try to describe the scene he is in, but I don't give conversational context--I'd hope people use the timestamps to fill that part in. I am sure this is unnecessarily verbose. Timestamps are taken from Nutbladder's subs.

Spoiler for QB in ep 1:

Spoiler for QB in ep 2:
The intent of this is to just have a catalog of what we see him do, what body language he exhibits, his reactions in certain situations, and what he says to accompany those, as these are more concrete to build upon than what he does not say or do, which is more open to interpretation.

I don't think we've seen so much dark imagery with Kyubey that he does not counter with stereotypical mascot fooling around and fidgeting sfx. They've been giving us cues in both directions, but it's been shifting toward more darker cues as of late.

I'll see about doing something similar for ep 3-5, but from a brief rewatch--QB gasps and his body jerks a little (the first time we have seen him without his usual composure?) when Homura enters Charlotte's boss room in the nick of time, although I think someone probably mentioned this already on the episode thread.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote