View Single Post
Old 2004-04-15, 00:50   Link #14
Strider_Lee
shinobi

SC2... me and about 15 other people play the arcade version of it almost every day during break times between classes. I came in second in an arcade tournament and lost by only a little (it was a really close match, me and my opponent decided to use Charade and for the last "final battle" best 2 of 3 bout, and we both had characters we barely used and it got down to where the one who had the last hit won). I'm personally a Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Maxi, Taki, Cassandra, Yunsung, Cervantes, Xianghua, and a Raphael character user (in this order from best on downwards), but I'm all about using Nightmare... I mean he's got 7 soul charge unblockable attacks for crying out loud (which can be guard impacted though... I think), but then again, Ivy has a whole lot of regular unblockable moves (the most for a single character I believe next to Cervantes).

Raphael in a sense is cheap, but he's to linear in his attacks which can make it easy to predict his moves or guard impact them. Keeping your distance or working on your sidesteping and evading moves works pretty well against him since he is only a mid-distance fighter (but watch out for his horizontal moves when he does that). He's also quick, but Talim and Taki are faster (and they evade better too). Also, most to almost all the Raph users will do the f+B,B,B attack or will have to subcome to it, but guarding the first two and then GIing the third will get them easily since the third one stalls a little after the first two.

For using Ivy, you have to try and keep a certain amount of distance from your opponent if you want to use her effectively, but she also has some good mid range attacks as well. There are also certain chain combos that if you can interlink them, they take a hell lotta damage, but it takes some practice and timing.

Nightmare, oh boy. My personal favorate. A great distance fighter who is also quick too depending on which flowing moves are done. f,f+B is just the greatest with him, but so are his charge unblockables (3rd level charge, or when a character does his soulcharge to it's fullest extent). For most of these though, I would suggest keeping your distance from your opponent after you knock him/her down (enough to where you have a decent distance where they can not reach you when they roll towards you).

1.) f,f+B
2.) K(to quick)B (can be done while running)
3.) Knight lower stance (b, B+K) and f+B
4.) Knight lower stance, A+B
5.) b,b+B
6.) b+B (or hold B)
7.) d/b+B

Not only that, but apparantly for some of the charge unblockable attacks, if you miss them when you do the attack, you can easily do a follow up and get a charged unblockable (ex: if you do the Knight lower stance A+B and miss, quickly follow up with the f,f+B and you'll get the charged unblockable; but no more after that, so don't miss the second one).

His sidestep A+A attacks are good to, but try not to follow up with it by pressing B after the A+A hits, it can easily be guard impacted. Also, if you get a guard impact on your opponent, immediately as fast as possible do the f+A (it is so fast that not many people can react fast enough to Guard Impact it back against you).

I'll be happy to answer any other questions if they arise. It's good to see others interested in this game.
Strider_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote