View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 23:43   Link #51
gl0w_
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I just find them dumbing down the game making more based on your creature ratio then your actually ability to see synergy between the cards. Massing 50 plus creatures from a 200 card deck when I first started playin was pretty awesome, but ever since I got into constructed play, I've learned, the reason why magic maintains it's popularity is because many older wealtheir players are willing to play because its not kiddy or simplified.
I am totally with you there. I thought(and still think to some extent) that it was kinda lame for them to attempt to dumb down the game. I understand wanting to make it more approachable but i enjoy my complexity and i believe that the tournament players are the ones that spend the most time and money and should also be included. That being said i ultimately dont think the game was simplified all that much. We lost some combat tricks but nothing too staggering. I think that they did a good job of taking away things such as the combat stack and improving on other aspects like lifelink and deathtouch. I honestly care more about those positive changes than i do about the sacrificing one. Also many of the changes to make the game more approachable were the term changes which is fine cause, hey im not forced to use them.
gl0w_ is offline   Reply With Quote