Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 22:14   Link #1367
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
nope,

there are more then a few example of City-States during China Spring/Autumn Warring State period borrowing troops form barbarians.
Wu/Shu/Wei all made use of barbarian troops during the Three-Kingdom period as well.
Simon Lee, 2nd Emperor of the Tang Dynasty (Also counted as Greatest Emperor of China) also borrow barbarian troops during Civil War following the collapse of the Sui Dynasty.
Since you like Chinese history I will use chinese history as counter. Do you consider Shi Jingtang 石敬塘 as traitors of the Chinese? Maou gifted the human world Bright Island so they can kill the ice general for her, similar to what Shi Jingtang do. Especially since she did not retake gate city, gate city simply turn neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What makes her different? How about the fact that the "courageous" general took over that city in direct defiance of her orders? Or the fact that he was trying to provoke the humans through constant raids?

The reason Hero is running around in the Demon World is to prevent any of the other tribes from doing the same thing and causing an enormous bloody war that would last years.
Did he provoke humans through constant raids? I see human do lots of evil stuff in gate city but I don't see the evil deeds done by the ice general (or demon tribe in general).

I checked out the source material and finally understand what you all are saying regarding the ice general.

btw, that map graveyard duck posted is what initially fuel my confusion: the demon army is going South, which is retreating to the demon territory (and where the crusader are). I didn't catch the ice general left his army to stall the main group.

The ice general don't have the knowledge that the crusader army is weak. If he had known he would have retreated. He thinks the crusader army is similar in strength to the female knight, thus he sacrificed himself to stall the main army to avoid being sandwiched.

So the main point is, what happened to the 7500 demon army (which escape to the South)? Total annihilation as the main army able to "help" the crusader army? Fight a bloody battle with the crusader and both side suffer huge losses? Of course ideally, the crusader army is such wuss that they open up a path to let the demon army escape back to demon territory. but I am leaning towards total annihilation given what I see on screen.

btw, while Maou said on screen that she hope the demon able to retreat, and that's all she does. She did nothing to help the demon tribe to retreat.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote