View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 06:49   Link #69
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
The more pressing reason for me is that it shows an insensitivity about the cursing person. I'm rather sensitive to the emotions of those around me (especially if I know a person well). Cursing, unless used comically (I'll get to that next), expresses a lot of anger. A person who curses over every little thing is, to me, someone who is not at peace. Each curse underlies a lot of negativity. I actively recognize that and dislike it; I wonder how many others are negatively impacted without really recognizing that their mental state was just littered on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, the radiation of emotional negativity was one reason I cut back a lot (really didn't fit into buddhist and related philosophy).
That's assuming you're in a polite well mannered environment. In my current job, cursing and swearing is very common especially with the field engineers. Most of us swear and curse to unwind or destress. Just to let out some of those trouble bottled in us. It's a sort of camaraderie among us.

Peace is doesnt exist during our working hours. Although compare to other construction company, our engineers are quite tame in their choice of words.

Off work behaviour is another matter entirely though.