View Single Post
Old 2008-03-27, 14:23   Link #855
Cal-Reflector

Question for the experts:

One of the main mysteries that for me has yet to be fully clarified is Rin's dark side, what it is, why and when it emerged, and what part Reiji had in its development.

I was especially confused by certain developments within the last 2-3 chapters; specifically, Rin driving off Reiji's office co-worker who was interested in him and comes by the house. Subsequently, when Aoki confronts Rin in school over whether Reiji was abusing her at home, Rin says she loves Reiji and asks that she not be separated from him.

So, is Rin's feelings for Reiji a normal daughter->father sort of possessiveness? One of unhealthy dependency? Is she aware that Reiji is projecting his affection for Aki onto her? How does Rin feel about that? Does Rin feel threatened by the possibility that what's left of the happiness they had as a family of three will be wiped out if Reiji moves on, i.e. finds new love in his life (the healthy thing to do, btw)?

The nature of Rin's thoughts on her relationship with Reiji are what I interested. The other relationships in the story, by comparison, are more straightforward.