Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 13:25   Link #1808
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That all just means that the personality talking at the time was learning about Yuria; it doesn't mean the personality is taking over entirely or overwriting her. It would make perfect sense that the other personality is in control at the moment, since I doubt Yuria knows how to work the Wave Engine the way "she" did at the end of 14.
Now, you're arguing semantics; whatever the alien presence is, it has submerged Yuria. Period. Yuria is not "overwritten", and I never implied that. This is not something new to Japanese sci-fi, and was part of the symbiotic relationship between host and alien in ULTRAMAN. In the last episode of the 1966 series, the human host and the alien separate, and the host says, "What happened? The last thing I remember was crashing" (an incident from the first episode). What I'm saying is that both the alien and Yuria are not conscious at the same time. It's called "possession", which is also an old trope of American sci-fi. Also, since we won't know more until the next coming episodes, it's kind of a moot point to argue about it. The Episode 15 is only a month away and will be far more telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
I don't think she felt her sister's presence. Rather, being fully "awaken" for the first time and seeing there was a fully functioning WM Engine on the Yamato, she must have assumed Sasha was somewhere on the ship, given she's the one that brought the Core to Earth. She's probably unaware her sister died on Mars.

Spoiler for Why Misaki instead of Yuki:
PRECISELY!