Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 22:19   Link #874
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
By the way, what makes the Easy 8 better than an M4? It has almost the same gun, with increased armor but it also moves up a tier which render the extra armor pointlessly. Its speed feel the same, as the maneuver. I'm not saying it's a bad tank. I just wonder is there anything make it's a better tank than an M4 in WoT.
The advantage is mainly in the improved handling and mobility: fully upgraded, an Easy 8 has better power-to-weight ratio than a fully upgraded M4, resulting in better ability to accelerate and maintain speed when travelling. Also, the Easy 8 has a faster turning rate than the M4, which combined with above makes it a more nimble tank.

It's the gun that I find to be the best reason to have the Easy 8 over the M4. The 76mm M1A2 gun, while no different penetration and damage-wise from the 76mm M1A1, has a much faster rate of fire, making it more adept at on-the-move shots. It's easier to accept misses when running & gunning when you can fire off lost of shells within a shorter amount of time.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote