View Single Post
Old 2011-03-20, 14:57   Link #251
Sherringford

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikou View Post
What the hell, man? Of course it hasn't been my idea all along, at the beginning of Umineko I was busy trying to blame someone, just like everyone else. Then in EP4, I started to doubt whether or not finding the truth really was significant. When EP5 gave us a character who was basically the embodiment of evil for trying to find a solution, my suspicious were confirmed.
Then if someone tried to solve the problem of how big the population got over the past few years(set this at 2200 or whatever) by killing everyone, would that suddenly make anyone who tried to solve overpopulation evil?

Quote:
What I'm asking you to do is to step back and maybe see that maybe the culprit is not what is the most important thing to take from Umineko. Maybe it is instead the lessons about love, and tolerance, and forgiveness? Maybe the goose chase was just an excuse to show us something far more beautiful than any old goose could be?

And now I am getting sappy, hmph.
Problem is, Ryuukishi failed to make us care about love, tolerance and forgiveness.
Sure he might have made some people care about it, but let's be frank. He has certain types of fans(not saying you are one of them) who will blindly follow what he says.

"Forgive mass murderers because hey we all make mistakes! Forgive your raping father that raped your mother that was his daughter, because hey we all make mistakes! Forgive me for being a bad writer! It's perfectly fine to use escapism to love three different people at once while tricking them!"

To me, this quote from the Kayne west article describes Umineko's approach to most themes very appropriately.

Quote:
Kanye's Book

Kanye claims he's publishing the book because he often gets misquoted, and he's trying to combat that. This is actually a wise move; eliminate the middle man of media and take your marketing and public relations into your own hands and you can be a totally free artist. The book itself, which isn't actually about ensuring Kanye gets accurately quoted and seems more concerned with GIANT BRIGHT LETTERS and quick-hitting, almost-clever proverbs, is goofy and inoffensive. It would be a perfect toilet book and just another piece to add to Kanye's collection of bizarre and unpredictable career moves. One more thing to add to the legend he seems bent on creating for himself.

But What if Kanye West is Retarded?

If Kanye West is retarded, then he genuinely believes this book contains useful words to live by, and that is horrifying.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/what-if-...#ixzz1HAhXQYo4
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote