View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 07:33   Link #1994
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Write that down somewhere, along with your current way of thinking, and don't look at it again for two to five years. Time changes things in a manner that you can't predict and may not even realize. Everything changes.
You are right, I've lived long enough to have realized this fact. It isn't universally truth, though. I have trouble seeing this stance change (as opposed to my more subjective views, which change quite noticeably over time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
@ChainLegacy: Can you really settle for such pathetic way of life? I mean, living for the sake of living?
What makes it pathetic? Religion has instilled in our culture the ideology that life is worthless without some kind of creator behind it. But, truly, what is the logic behind this? Can this be supported by facts, or is it perhaps some vague, unreflected thought that is accepted as true simply because people don't consider the alternative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
If your truly satisfied with the current world, we cannot help but feel disappointed. This world is not "beautiful". Come on people, why don't you, for even an event of a second, view the world on the face of poverty? of the starving? of those majority who couldn't care less for "beliefs" but for shelter?
What majority? Humans are a tiny speck of a massive group of living things. You choose to view the world with terms like 'poverty' and focus on humanity, whereas I view the world as it has been for the past 560 million years or so, a stage for large-scale evolution. There is much beauty in my viewpoint.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote